Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hey, Look at Me!

Time for a little self-promotion:

First off, the Baltimore Museum of Art is holding an exhibition highlighting this year's winners of the Baker Artist Awards as well as B Grant winners, such as yours truly. The odds of a Baltimore artist getting work in the BMA are slim under normal circumstances, nearly nil if your art is not of the visual kind. As such, I am both honored & humbled to be there, even if it's just a bio on the wall with a cute picture of me and a booklet with a sample of my work.

Anyway, the show is going on as we speak and ends on October 2. See it.

And if you can, please come to the FREE closing reception on October 1, from 7-11PM. I will be reading from my work.

You can catch me all over the Baltimore Book Festival throughout the weekend, but if you want to see me in action, catch me on Saturday, September 24 at 12:30PM with the crew of Little Patuxent Review for Poets for Change, a panel discussion about the role of poetry in social change. (CityLit Stage)

Then you can hear me read some of my work, along with other regulars from Eric Goodman's Lit & Art reading series, at 5:30PM. (Baltimore Free School Lit & Language Tent)

Finally, join me for yet one more reading with the wonderful poets who contributed to Life in Me Like Grass on Fire: Love Poems. This one will take place at Ahh... Coffee on Saturday, October 8 from 6:30-8:30PM. Open Mic to follow featured readers.

That's it for now, but keep checking back for updates.

MUCH LOVE

No comments: